WANT TO FEEL YOUNGER? THE KEY IS TO BALANCE YOUR HORMONES.
“I guess my symptoms are mostly due to my age!”
When patients tell me that, they think it’s ok to suffer from period problem s and fertility issues in the late 30s and 40s. They feel tired more often, they don’t sleep well, their mood is all over the place, and they struggle to lose the weight that used to come off fairly easily.
I know how that feels. As I approached my late 30s, I was determined to look and feel healthier and younger than ever in spite of several health challenges that I was facing at the time. And I did everything I could to find the key that creates that fountain of youth naturally. You see, I have a strong family history of diabetes and heart disease. Regardless of your family history, I find correcting hormone imbalances becomes the first big step to look and feel young.
Did you know that you have over 150 hormones that act as chemical messengers? Together, they orchestrate an intricate symphony of messages telling your organs what your brain wants them to do.
And you might be surprised to hear this: you have much more control over ageing than you were made to believe. How? Simply by naturally turning on your youth hormones. When I say youth hormones, I mean those that regulate your mood, your weight, your energy levels, and other factors that keep you feeling vibrant, amazing, and FEELING young.
Balance these Important Youth Hormones
Optimizing these hormones can keep you happy and lean. These are also the hormones we focus on balancing in my Truhealing protocol- A revolutionary protocol to heal your period problems, fertility issues and womanhood problems from the ROOT CAUSE. These all-important hormones include:
1. Insulin: Insulin is a big player in your hormonal arena. The rest of hormones tend to cooperate only when all the three hormones operate at normal levels. But high insulin levels, which typically occur from eating too many sugary foods accelerate s premature ageing. I recommend cutting down excess carbs or trying my Truhealing Diet. Hello, better mood, weight loss, and glowing skin!
2. Oxytocin: My favourite hormone! That’s because oxytocin is the hormone of love, bonding, and connection. As an anti-ageing hormone, oxytocin helps regenerate cells, keep them healthy, and prevent germs from invading them. Oxytocin also helps balance cortisol. However, excess levels of this stress hormone can be very potent in ageing skin cells by damaging the collage – a fabulous protein that keeps the skin firm. In fact, too much cortisol becomes your biggest enemy for dull, thin, sagging skin.
3. DHEA: Created by the adrenal glands, your body transforms DHEA into estrogen and testosterone. Until about 30, your body produces it beautifully. Unfortunately, levels drop significantly around that age. By 70, we synthesize only about ten to twenty percent of our youthful DHEA levels. Optimal levels of DHEA have numerous benefits. They protect against:
- Cardiovascular disease and cancer
- Decrease the risk of osteoporosis
- Support healthier bones and immune system
- Enhance memory
- Improve sexual function
- Make your skin smoother and younger-looking, by increasing collagen production
So how to help this? Managing stress better (https://www.truhealing.com/blog/stress-and-hormones-are-related-learn-how-to-manage-both/ )and some adrenal adaptogens can help balance DHEAs.
4. Estrogen: Produced by the ovaries, this female youth hormone helps postpone age-related diseases including heart disease and osteoporosis. When estrogen dips, your body makes less collagen and elastin (proteins that keep your skin supple and youthful) so wrinkles set in. Estrogen also boosts skin moisture-optimizing hyaluronic acid. Eating more vegetables like broccoli and Brussels sprouts rich in indole 3 carbinol can also support healthy estrogen balance. Liver support also helps.
5. Growth hormone: This hormone helps burn belly fat, build muscle, and keep you energetic. Basically, this is a fountain-of-youth rockstar hormone! Tips to balance include HIIT, a good night’s sleep. (https://www.truhealing.com/blog/dont-feel-recharged-after-sleeping-learn-how-to-sleep-like-a-baby/) and getting optimal levels of protein can help balance this rejuvenating growth hormone
Three tips to start feeling younger:
Through restoring these and other hormones, you can help postpone or even reverse many signs of ageing. While I detail lots of strategies to balance your hormones naturally in my upcoming book, here are three tips you can do right now to help you get started on looking and feeling younger.
1. Substitute unhealthy carbs for healthy fats: What you eat truly can influence your health and body. First, you need to cut out unhealthy carbs, especially refined carbs like bread and sweets. Learn how to curb your cravings here (https://www.truhealing.com/blog/dont-get-haunted-by-junk-food-banish-the-sugar-cravings/) – And then add in healthy fats, which are one of the best foods you can eat to support hormonal balance. This will help you keep your energy levels steady and optimize fat burning. Among the yummy healthy fats I recommend are:
- Egg yolks
- Homemade mayo
- Homemade salad dressings.
- Nuts and seeds
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- MCT oil
- Grass-fed butter or ghee (on vegetables and meat and in soups)
2. Drink alkaline broth or green smoothie: Among its benefits, it alkalinizes your body, comes loaded with hormone-balancing minerals, supports youth hormones as well as overall health, and tastes yummy. If you are not vegan, you can experiment with Bone broth which provides healing proteins such as collagen, proline, and glycine that keep your skin supple, resilient, smooth and firm. Bone broth also supports digestion, joint function, immunity, skin, and virtually every other function in the body.
3. Live the Truhealing way: Truhealing is a lifestyle, not just a diet. Here we also focus on stress management and emotional healing (read my stress and hormones blog for details – https://www.truhealing.com/blog/stress-and-hormones-are-related-learn-how-to-manage-both/)
When you get used to eating and living in Truhealing way of life, you will discover the real fountain of youth. You’ll replace high-sugar foods and carbs for healthy proteins, good fats, and alkalizing veggies to balance insulin, cortisol, and oxytocin levels.
Ready for more strategies to reclaim your fountain of youth so you can look better, have more energy, and be your most fabulous self? Download my FREE FOOD GUIDE -( https://www.truhealing.com/let-us-help-you) to get you started.
Or learn more about my work at( www.truhealing.com)